five things friday

Sometime at the beginning of last year I started a daily gratitude journal. As an anxious overthinker who tends to dwell on the negative, I loved how it shifted my perspective and refocused my attention onto more positive emotions.

Then life picked up, work got busy, and it all fell by the wayside.

That shifted perspective has been lurking in the back of my mind ever since, and lately I've been thinking about picking it up again. The idea of a daily 5 things feels a little overwhelming, so I'm going to trial it as a weekly series.

So here goes... Five things that I'm grateful for, or that have pinpricked my week with happiness.

1. New socks.


Cosy and woolly and perfect for perking up January. They're like little hugs for your feet.

2. This morning's breakfast - spiced Christmas tea, toast from the bread baked last night, topped with salty butter and honey.



3. The famous Amirisu acorn stitch marker case.




This is technically a cheat because I treated myself to it before Christmas and it arrived a few weeks ago, but I love it so much that I just had to include it.

Handmade in Japan by a local woodwork artist, it's a stunning little addition to my knitting kit that brings me a huge amount of joy!

4. Hada Labo Super Gokujyun Premium

I'm becoming a little obsessed with Asian beauty, and have been using the regular Hada Labo Gokujun Hyaluronic Lotion for a while now. It looks and feels like a slightly viscous water, but it's a moisturising toner that you pat onto your skin for a seriously hydrating punch. The Premium version boasts 5 different types of hyaluronic acid and is even more viscous and moisturising than the original. My winter skin is loving it!

5. Burns Night - haggis for dinner, with all the trimmings. And a sip or two of whisky in front the fire. Bliss.

No comments