Introducing: the Graine fingerless mitts pattern




You might have already caught this on Instagram, but I'm so happy to share that my Graine Fingerless Mitts pattern is finally here! It's actually been out for a couple of months now (ahem), but I've just realised that I never hit publish on the blog post. Better late than never, right?



It feels like a world away in this current summer heatwave, but these mitts were inspired by the snowy walks that Graeme and I took last winter.

They're a classic design, with long cuffs to stop the cold north wind from sneaking up your sleeves, and seed stitch on the back of the hand for some gorgeous, simple texture. I just love the way that seed stitch looks! Don't you?

I made the cuffs around the fingers extra long so that you can pull them down when the cold starts to bite at your fingertips, or fold the ribbing back if you need a little extra movement. They're pretty uncomplicated, but techniques such as the 2x2 tubular bind off keep things interesting for seasoned knitters, or for beginners wanting to stretch their knitterly wings and to try something new.

They're quick to work up, and the straightforward construction makes them an ideal portable project, so they're perfect if you want to get a head start on your autumn/winter knitting!

You can find the pattern on Ravelry and on LoveKnitting. Enjoy!



GRAINE

No comments