A little announcement: Making Stories Magazine - Issue 1



I have something really exciting to share with you all!

You might have noticed that it's been rather quiet over here for the last few months, and that's partly because I've been working some really wonderful new projects that are due out this year. And I can finally share the first one - I have a pattern in first issue of the brand new Making Stories Magazine!

I had the absolute pleasure of popping up to the Edinburgh Yarn Festival on Friday, and it was such a surreal experience seeing my pattern and my name in print!

Making Stories Magazine strives to feature companies and makers who focus on sustainability, transparency, fairness and equity. Issue 1 is all about Change - from the designs to the articles and visual pieces, it explores change in seasons, in the way we work and live, and in our choice of materials. I had the pleasure of contributing the Tidal sock pattern to this issue, and I'd love for you to go check it out and maybe get your copy or subscription!

It officially goes on sale tomorrow, but it was on pre-sale at the Edinburgh Yarn Festival. I had the absolute pleasure of popping up there on Friday, and it was such a surreal experience seeing my pattern and my name in print!

Feet modelling a pair of handknit Tidal socks

A close up of feet modelling a pair of hand knit Tidal socks

A pair of hands holding hand knit Tidal Socks made of wool
Add caption

My Tidal sock pattern intertwines simple ribbing and some really fun and sinewy crossed stitches, and I'm so thrilled with how it turned out. It's a top down construction with a heel flap, and the pattern covers five sizes so you're bound to find one that fits you perfectly!

I had the pleasure of knitting up the sample with Triskelion Yarns Scylfing Sock in the gorgeous Frea colourway, and it was such a delight to knit with! Scylfing Sock is a nylon free sock base with a high twist, and a blend of 50% Bluefaced Leicester, 25% Gotland and 25% Wensleydale. It has a beautiful slight haze to it, and created a lovely, drapey, almost silky fabric. It's delicious.

I've been a huge admirer of the Making Stories team and their ethos since the beginning, so I was incredibly thrilled to have been included as part of this issue of the magazine.

My contributor copy arrived the other day, and I'm totally blown away by how beautiful the whole thing is. It's chock full of wonderfully thought-provoking articles and clever designs - Inverse is one of my faves. It's an amazing and completely reversible brioche sweater pattern which has jumped right into my queue! And then there's Borobila - that yoke is a pure delight! It's not all sweaters though, there's also shawls and a hat, and it's all ad free and printed on 100% recycled paper! It's definitely worth checking out. I've been thoroughly enjoying stealing little moments out my days and dipping in and out of the pages over cups of coffee.

I hope you enjoy it, and please do let me know if you check it out or knit my socks! I'm toying with the idea of hosting a knitalong - leave a comment below or send me an email if you'd be interested in that!

Hands holding open a magazine, showing a pair of socks on the pages




The back page of Making Stories magazine, with hands resting on the table at the bottom of the magazine

No comments